The best plans with reservations and all
Lain ready for some last minute cooking, packing, and prep
We would camp in the rain in a humid State down south
And see my Dentist, my Aunt, and maybe a friend.
But as much as we tried to make it all happen
This trip was simply not meant to be this time around.
Ten days ago I got pneumonia and treatment began thereafter
Oral antibiotics then IV infusions of same
With more drugs than I care to mention to manage the symptoms.
I had forgotten since my last bout with same in 2009
Just how dangerous and devastating a lung infection can be.
So rather than risk infecting my Aunt with her own health issues,
And delay my own healing with the rigors of 4 day-long car rides
We won’t be going nor helping out my Aunt until much later instead.
This isn’t really a poem, just some prose to get it out of my head
I am exceedingly disappointed, confused, and not sure what to do instead.
Rest of course. Try to get our home back in order from being away at the hospital each day
Let go of the questionable care from nurses who didn’t know or care that much about me
And rekindle the love with my River Bear who makes it all alright anyways.
How can one make sense of plans gone awry: it just doesn’t seem right
Well my Lord’s already there, so in Him I will trust. He’s had my back every other time!