Focusing on breathing today. It’s all I can do. The stress level is high as Steve and I anticipate travelling out of State to see my brother tomorrow. Gratefully I report that it appears he is stabilizing after having had a severe stroke this past weekend. My own struggles with illness and daily seizure-like episodes continues. A new treatment for me didn’t pan out too well, increasing the severity of the post-treatment episode. Oh well. The Lord goes before me and all of us as we call upon His mighty name: Abba Father!
We got this. Philippians 4:13
I just found out that my brother (Mike) had a stroke and is hospitalized in Detroit, Michigan. I’m calling on you, Gentle Readers, to please pray for Mike, Mike’s fiancé (Lisa), her son (Alex), and my husband (Steve) and me as we face this situation.
Our grandparents, parents, and youngest brother (Robert) are now deceased. Mike had just started a promising new job and got back in touch with me as interest in our father’s business (Dyna-rewind) resurfaced after almost 50 years. My heart is heavy and sad as we all face the unknowns in the days to come. I pray that I will be well enough to travel to see everyone in the Detroit area before too long.
Thank you. More later. Just Julie
Here’s a brief update in my continuing adventure of recovery from Lyme, fibro, mold, and whatever:
Saw a new chiropractor for 7 visits and while the treatment got rid of my headaches and increased my overall ability to move, I had seizure attacks every visit! I finally got word this past week that Dr. N did talk to my LLMD as I had requested. Still Dr. N referred me to another chiropractor for more “comprehensive” care. That did not work out so well. (See posting from Tuesday!) I’ll probably go back to Dr. N after a few more magnesium treatments and after I’m able to drive 30 minutes to his office several times per week.
Began treatments of IV magnesium on Friday the 13th; spent the evening with seizure attacks/convulsions followed by 7 hours of tic/seizure attacks into the morning. Yipes! Had a better day by the time Sunday came, albeit weak from the previous 2 days. (Only had one episode that night, on the way home from our Sunday church home group.) Getting the IVs started has become an arduous, painful process with a minimum of 2 wretched sticks before the RNs find a suitable vein. What follows on the day of treatment or the day after appears to be a herx reaction or healing crisis of sorts. This treatment is scheduled to continue for a month; supplemental magnesium is a promising treatment for me despite the difficulties. I’m praying that the Lord sustains me and that my tender vessels endure it! Tomorrow I’m going to let them give me the PRN narcotic pain med. with the treatment. I just need a break from these awful neck headaches that come from the wrenching head-n-neck motion during attacks. Gratefully, there is improvement with one fewer attack per day, barely a few tics last night and significantly less chest compression pain! Yes!
Rife or Beam Ray treatments are on hold. My tolerance for this sound and light wavelength technology was decreasing so it’s on hold for now.
Waiting in the wings is a new round of low dose antibiotics after some lab testing pending soon to rule out a new UTI. Got lots of itchy, burning, ringing, stinging, stabbing, aching symptoms all over right now possibly flared up by the stress of the IV treatments. “Rest” is my focus at the moment in my weakened state. I do make dinner most nights, however!
A neurology appointment is now scheduled for October 1st at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis. IU is the go-to place for persons in the Fort Wayne area needing a special consultation. So to Indy we will go at 5 in the morning. Hey, if my beloved can take off at 6 in the morning for a kayak race, 5 should be a piece of cake, right? Gooooo Steeeeeeve! As for me, well I might still be up from the night before!
Steve and I are grateful for some help with a meal once per week from the lovely ladies at our church. It seems like the night they bring dinner something bad happens later on, like an emergency room visit 2 1/2 weeks ago. Their generosity is a real blessing and it sure breaks up the isolation for me when they stop by!
Well that’s the main stuff or at least the news for the masses. If you wouldn’t mind praying for us that would be great. My heart is tender for Steve right now because we had to cancel our trip to see his grandson for Jackson Rees’s first birthday and to see some dear friends in South Carolina. I really need Steve in the evenings when the attacks and physical episodes of collapse are usually quite nasty. This would be too much for a female friend to handle if a gal was staying with me at night and Steve went out of town by himself.
Steve has travelled alone 3 times since this process of illness began for me nearly 2 years ago. We have cancelled a trip before but rarely decline local invitations. Steve just goes to them without me and that is cool with me. Travelling to Arkansas this past summer was very hard on me despite a couple of nice visits during the 5-day trip. So to cancel the South Carolina/North Carolina trip is just what we have to do this time, although it’s a bummer. JR is going to get a big box in the mail real soon! Anyways, if you wouldn’t mind praying a prayer of sustaining grace (for me) and strength (for Steve) that would be super. The Lord has helped us and even blessed us. We are trusting Him and hopeful for all He has in store for us. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Take care all,